Friday, February 25, 2011

Picture for 250211

Picture for the day:

This was a picture of my favourite wine in Perth, Western Australia. We were introduced to this wine by our local mate when we went over in 2008. Unlike other wine, this was very sweet, yet very strong. We had to travel about an hour from Perth to Margaret River Area(if I remembered correctly) to the Berry Farm to get this wine. If you ask me, I would say the distance and time is definitely worth it.

I regretted only 'smuggling' only 1 bottle back then. Of course, it was finished up rather quickly due to its popular demand. After that, I yearned for it so much that I wanted my buddy to bring it over when he came back for Chinese New Year the following year. But as much as he wanted to help me, there was already a long list for him to bring back, so it didn't happened.

Therefore, when I went over with my loved one in 2010, I made a point to visit there during one of our scenery visiting trip. Although we nearly missed the closing time due to a wrong turn, we managed to reach just before the closing. This time, I got 5 bottles. 3 for my buddies and 2 for myself. Unfortunately, due to some unforseen circumstances at the airport, I was caught. I ended up having to pay 50 over bucks for the taxes imposed. Well, I would still say its worth it. That is how good the wine is!

Now, I still have one last bottle in my room. Though very tempted to open up the bottle, I try very hard not to. Because I know the time from me finishing the bottle to the time I get another bottle of it will be at least a few years! Therefore, I think I will just let the bottle sit there till the time is ripe.

Cheers~

No comments: