Saturday, March 5, 2011

Picture for 050311

I am blogging slightly earlier today. Why is that so? I'm still not feeling too well, just in case I doze off to Lalaland later, and since I have access to my lappy, so I will blog first =) Heres the picture for today:

Why did I chose this picture? Its been awhile since I last attended a running event. This was taken during my participation in the 2009 Standard Chartered Marathon. It was pretty interesting why I signed up for the event. I was supposed to sign up the 42km marathon together with a buddy of mine. We have talked about it for quite awhile. However, due to some unforseen situations, I missed the registration 3 years consecutive. My buddy almost killed me for leaving him to take on the event alone. So in 2009, I decided that I will make the effort to sign up early.

After I signed up for the event, the worst news hit me. My friend had decided to participate in the 10km run instead of the full marathon. But then again, he had a valid reason. The last 2 full marathons had injured his knee cap, so I had to give it to him. 42km was no small joke. Many a times I had wanted to train up for it. But as usual, my laziness got the better of me, coupled with heavy work committment, resulted in me not training for the event. I regretted.

I still remember that 'fateful' morning, my buddy still sms-ed me before the run to wish me good luck. I told him thanks and I went on to 'enjoy' my run. I still remembered at the 32km mark, I suffered cramps in both my legs. At that point in time, I was cursing and swearing and asking myself why did I sign up to torture myself. But then again, I told myself that it was a test of my mental and determination, thus I pressed on.

It was no small feat indeed. As I came into the finishing point, I felt a great sense of achievement. I made it! And I was so happy to be back as my loved one was waiting for me there. She had taken part in the 10km run with her 'pet' as well. Tired as I am, when I saw her, it all makes it less tiring. Thank you my dear..

Ok, why did I bring up all this? I went for a run today at East Coast Park. It has been quite awhile since I last ran. My fitness had indeed dropped. I took 50mins to complete a 7km run, which I used to be able to do it in 40mins. I guess I need to train up my fitness again. Also, 1st of April is reaching as well. =p

Cheers~


No comments: