Sunday, March 6, 2011

Picture for 060311

I'm blogging early today again. My loved one decided to read her book on our country's hero, Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, so I have the lappy to myself =) Here's the picture for the day:

For some reason, I particularly like this picture. This was taken during my Perth trip in 2010 when I visited my local mate over there with my loved one. Although I've seen pictures of his dog from online, this is the first time I came face to face with it. Its name is Winter, and its of the malamute breed.

I have always like dogs. I think they are smart, friendly and loyal. And I have always wanted to rear one. But due to certain constraints, I could not and I guess I never will be able to. I used to think and imagine what would it be to have a dog at home waiting for you to be home to play with it. I also imagined what it would be like to bring your dog for a run together during the weekends morning. It would sure be fun!

Why did I decided to blog about this? I mentioned that I went for a run recently. During the run at East Coast Park, I saw a lot of dog owners with their dogs in that area. Turns out that there was a dog event over there. Seeing the owners playing with their dogs was a heartwarming scene, but somehow, I can't help but feel slightly envious of them. If only I could be like them and own a dog, then we could have joined in the fun.

But then again, I know and understand the reason for not being able to rear a dog. If I cannot even substain myself, how can I afford to raise a dog? Raising a dog is a lifelong committment, and one should not get a dog on impulse. It has to be done after careful and lengthy considerations before making the decision, else the poor animal is the one that is going to suffer in the end. Lastly, most importantly, no one and nothing can share my love for my loved one. =)

Every once in a while, I would daydream about owning a dog. But the thought will stop there.

Cheers~


No comments: