Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Picture for 150311

I realised that I'm getting faster in chosing the pictures for my daily posts. Here's the picture for today:

This picture was taken during one of my sporting events in the year 2010. I took part in the first ever event organised by Men's Health Magazine called the Urbanathlon. It involves a 10km run along a scenic route in town, coupled by few obstacles along the way for the participants to clear. It was the first of its kind in Singapore and I'm glad that I took part in it. It was tiring, yet fun. The only set back of this run was the cost. The registration fee was 125 bucks. But, having gone through the event and looking at the goodie bag, I guess the price was worth it.

I looked forward to this event in 2011. When it was announced, I wanted to sign up for it. However, due to budget constraints, I have no choice but to 'bird' my buddy. The route for 2011 was longer at 12km and there were more obstacles. I kinda felt sad that I wasn't able to participate. Let's hope I will be able to participate in the next year's event.

Once again, the 3 things that made me smile segment:

1. The first thing that made me smile today was when I was on my way to work. Usually, the traffic would be heavy along the road I take, but today was exceptionally smooth. I took less than 30 minutes to reach my workplace for this week, when I would normally take aroud 45 minutes. That gave me some time to grab some snacks before the hectic day started.

2. The second thing that made me smile was during a small meeting after lunch. We sat down and sorted out quite a bit of work for the upcoming exercise tomorrow. It was good to have such sessions as there were many components that needed everyone's participation to make things happen. After the meeting, everyone was pretty sure and confident of the deliverables for the exercise tomorrow.

3. The third thing, or I should say, person, that made me smile is my loved one. I went to pick her up after her meeting with her 'pet' in town. She had a half day at work and went out for some catching up after that. Back home, while I was typing this entry, she thanked me and gave me a peck on my cheek. Although its my obligation to fetch her, it is good to know that she appreciates my efforts. Thank you too my dear!

Thats about all for today. Tomorrow is going to be pretty tiring, so I'll be going to Lalaland soon.

Cheers~

No comments: