Monday, March 14, 2011

Pictures for 140311

I had originally wanted to quickly chose a picture and blog before the time is up. But then again, I think about it and realised that it would do injustice to my readers. Therefore, I took my time in chosing the pictures for today's post. Here is picture number 1:

This was taken during one of the training trips I went on. I was part of an evaluation team to evaluate this particular unit on its overseas training in Taiwan. As evaluators, in between the missions, we would have breaks where we could return back to camp to rest as the unit plans its next movement. During one of the break time, I took this picture as I thought the clouds looked pretty scary. I didn't realised that I took something else in the sky too! It was during the post editing that I saw it. Can you spot it?

Here's picture number 2:

This was the roasted meat store that I went in Hong Kong during my trip there with my friends. Roast meat was one of the 'must tries' in Hong Kong. There are many shops like this in Hong Kong, but we were lucky enough because one of my friends had some ex-colleagues working in Hong Kong. They brought us to one of the most famous store in Hong Kong, and because it was a weekday, there wasn't much of a queue! It was really delicious and I still remember vividly the taste of the meat in my mouth. I wished I could try it again!

Unfortunately, during my second trip there with my loved one, we didn't managed to get it due to some unforseen circumstances. Nevertheless, I'm glad that I have tried it before. Till date, I have not found a Singapore store that sells anything close to what I have tasted in that store in Hong Kong. Hopefully, one day, I will be able to find one in Singapore that is up to that mark.

Ok. The 3 things that made me smile segement:

1. The first thing that made me smile today was that I finally had the chance to go back to office to clear my emails. I haven been back in office for the past 3 weeks due to exercise preparing and event co-ordinations, thus resulting in a huge backlog of emails over the period. I had to come back to camp for a dialogue session, so I took the chance to clear my emails after the session. Seeing my inbox drop from 300+ emails to 'No new emails' definitely brought a smile to my face.

2. The second thing that made me smile was when I was on the way to pick up my loved one from work, I overheared this news on the radio. There was this song by one of the current American Idol contestant, which had a very meaningful story to it. He wrote this song for his wife, whom got involved in an accident 2 weeks before they were supposed to get married and suffered permanent brain damage. Despite that, he went ahead and married her and took care of her since then. It has been two years already. Now, that is some true love! That brought a smile to my face too.

3. The third thing that made me smile will definitely be from my loved one. We went for dinner/supper after I picked her up at Casurina Prata Restaurant at Thompson area. It has been awhile since we last went there. We had an enjoyable meal below 10 bucks. It has also been awhile since the two of us went for a romantic meal and spend some quality time together. It was a nice meal date and we both enjoyed the meal and the time together. Thank you for spending time with me dear =)

Thats all for today. Good nights~

Cheers~

No comments: