Saturday, March 19, 2011

Picture for 190311

Here we go, picture for today:

This picture was taken during my trip to Ipoh somwhere in late 2010. I was invited to be my buddy's 'brother' for his marriage over there. This was the food that greeted us after a long 7 hours of bus ride from Singapore to Ipoh. We reached there aroud 4am in the morning. After a short walk to the bride's house, we were brought out here to have breakfast at around 5am. What an early breakfast indeed! Although it was very early, the trip to this restaurant was definitely worth it. The food was great and we enjoyed it very much.

Now for the '3 things that made me smile segment':

1. I was on the way back after driving my loved one to work when I stopped at this traffic light. I saw two kids crossing the road with their hands in the air. It reminded me of my primary school days where we were taught to raise our hands while crossing the road so as to alert the drivers. It sure brought back quite a bit of memories and that definitely brought a smile to my face.

2. I had lunch with my dad. He was working somewhere in the vicinity and he came back to our marketplace to packet food for his fellow workers. I met up with him at the market and we had a quick lunch. Although I already had my brunch earlier on at my mum's stall at another coffeeshop, I accompanied him for his lunch. I can tell from his expression that he enjoyed my company and I'm happy that I was able to do something for him. That put a smile on my face.

3. The third thing that made me smile was that I was able to have some home cooked food today. I have always loved home cooked meals, but since my mum started working, I didn't have much chance to taste them. My loved one's god-sister had went over to her mum's side and brought back some food for us. She has always been doing that previously for my loved one on Saturdays and I'm glad that she didn't mind taking slightly more for me as well.

Thats all for today, just before the clock strikes 12.

Cheers~

No comments: