Monday, March 21, 2011

Picture for 210311

Here's the picture for the day:

This is a picture of my 'experiment' of fried rice. I was cooking for my loved one and her god nephew and niece when she told me that she wanted me to try cooking something new. So I decided to try making some fried rice with long beans and luncheon meat. It was my first attempt making this fried rice and I'm glad it turned out quite ok. At least it was finished to the last rice, thus I made the assumption that it tasted ok =p

Sometimes, I would like to try out new dishes. Luckily for me, there will always be a group of white mouses to try out my dishes. Not saying that my dishes tastes horrible, but rather, as a feedback channel for me to improve on my subsequent dishes, and my cooking skills. Although my ambition is not to be a house husband, but I do believe that if a man is able to cook, he would be able to accomplish many other things as cooking requires determination, skills and paying attention to the small details.

Here's the smile segment:

1. The first thing that made me smile today was my breakfast. My loved one had packed some bread for me last night for me to bring to work today. I thought it only contained one bread, but when I opened the plastic bag this morning, I found, together with that one bread, was another bag of mini breads, which is my loved one's favourite. She had given her favourites for me to eat at work. That brought a smile to my face.

2. I was in a briefing session this morning when my boss announced the amount of bonus that we will be getting this year due to Singapore's good economy in the year 2010. That of course brought another smile to my face.

3. The third thing that made me smile was when I was driving my loved one back. We sort of had a minor arguement about the amount of money I should spent for the upcoming cohesion for my company. Although it was an arguement, but deep inside I knew that my loved one was only trying to save more money for our future, and she does take our future seriously. Thank you my dear!

Thats all~

Cheers~

No comments: